Parksite Inc. is a 100% employee-owned distributor of building products. We are seeking a self-motivated Building Products Specialist to call on builders, subcontractors, code officials, architects, consultants, etc. in a territory that encompasses Long Island and Queens, NY. This highly motivated & organized person will promote the DuPont Tyvek® family of products. Strong presentation and networking skills are imperative.
- Develop marketing strategies that create downstream demand while expanding the customer base
- Provide educational seminars, including product presentations to a variety of customers and market influencers
- Instruct field installation training, customer certification training, and provide jobsite observation reviews
- Record field activities and initiatives using company CRM platform (Salesforce.com)
- Create and utilize annual business plan as a road map to provide territory growth, increase market share, and identify opportunities with the greatest potential of a closed sale.
- Meet monthly and annual sales volume goals
- Participation and successful completion of company provided certification and sales process trainings
- Organize sales events & participate in trade shows
- Active participation in local trade organizations
- Participation in corporate initiatives as requested
- Some overnight travel required
- At least 2 years experience in the building products industry
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Experience developing sales forecasts and meeting sales objectives
- Strong planning, follow-up, and closing skills
- A track record of developing new business and growing market share
- Computer and database fluency – MS Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint.
Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM software platform a huge plus.
- Ability to successfully use consultative selling to relate customer challenges with our product solutions
- Ability to multi-task and think on their feet
- Must have excellent listening & interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, driven, self-starting, creative, and organized
- Experience in technical selling
- 401(k) match
- Company-paid life insurance & disability
- Business casual dress
- Health, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending (FSA) plans
- A positive work environment of team players
- Free shares of company stock with our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)