The District of Columbia Bar has an immediate opening for a Registration Assistant (RA) in the Sections Office. The RA position handles registration duties for all Section events as well as assisting with related financial tasks. The RA’s workflow is coordinated by the Sr. Finance Assistant (SFA). This position report to the Manager, Sections Finance (MSF).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handles registration processing and related matters received by the Sections Office and responds to requests for section program information via telephone, e-mail and on-site. Researches registration information in the Bar’s membership database.
2. Ensures that events are available on-line for registration and deactivates events when registration for an event is closed.
3. Handles event set-up and changes in ClearVantage (CV) using templates and information supplied by the events team.
4. Provides back-up support to the SFA to include: notifying registrants of event cancellations and communicating registration counts to volunteers, assisting with special mailings, preparing tent cards and inputting section program information.
5. Monitors attendance numbers for all section programs and events to provide the Sections Events Team with information to determine whether adjustments in logistical arrangements are needed and when events should be closed to registration.
6. Handles correspondence and communications with section registrants, including e-mail correspondence and development of standardized written communications in response to routine questions.
7. Records attendance in ClearVantage database system.
8. Staffs section programs and events, and conducts on-site meeting registration and administration of events as assigned. Generates on-site registration and payment forms for all section events.
9. Staffs section programs and events, and conducts on-site meeting registration and administration of events as assigned. Generates on-site registration materials including: on-site registration forms & rosters for all section events.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSISBILTIES
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
2. An Associates degree and a minimum of two years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to three years or more.
3. One year or more of experience working in a membership association, a similar nonprofit organization, or a law office is a plus. Prior experience with membership databases highly desired.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with MS Excel spreadsheets.
5. Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment and able to work with minimal supervision.
6. Excellent grammar and spelling skills; strong verbal and written communication skills and strong telephone skills.
7. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and staff.
8. Flexibility for occasional overtime to include evening and/or weekends.
9. Must be able to lift a minimum of 10 lbs., which includes repetitive movement.
10. Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Under the Bar’s compensation structure, this position is in the Accounting and Finance Job Family and at the Assistant Level. Starting salary is commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt position. The D.C. Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all the essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the Bar’s needs.
The D.C. Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals must submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements.