Location: Livingston, NJ
Residence Locations: Paterson, Newark, Maplewood, Livingston, West Orange, Orange, Plainfield, Warren, & Basking Ridge.
CPNJ is seeking Residential Care Assistants for our Group Homes in Essex, Union and Somerset Counties. The desired candidate will assist consumers to achieve the greatest degree of independence by supporting participation in program activities providing opportunities for choice at all times.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Assisting consumers with daily needs including cooking, cleaning, bathing and dressing, transferring, toileting, feeding, grooming and hygiene.
· Assists consumers and staff in determination of daily activities such as attending church, parties, shopping etc and participating in activities as well as providing one-on-one instruction for consumers in activities of daily living or recreational activities.
· Properly administering, monitoring and documenting consumer medication administration.
· Collecting and recording data; assisting in maintaining daily progress notes or other consumer program-related records.
· Utilizing group home vehicle for household related tasks and transporting and accompanying consumers to doctor appointments and activities.
· Initiating or implementing recommendations and/or behavior plans and maintaining related documentation.
· Cleaning group home as required and operating and maintaining housekeeping and cooking equipment.
· Attending staff meeting, individual supervision meetings and trainings are assigned.
· Respect and maintain confidentiality and privacy of all consumers.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with consumers, supervisors, co-workers, parents/guardians/sponsors, and other professionals.
· Ability to successfully complete CPNJ trainings in required period of time and to adhere to DDD policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of various types of developmental disabilities.
· Drive a multi-passenger vehicle.
· Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Valid New Jersey’s driver’s license with fewer than 5 points at all times.
· Successful completion of drug screening, criminal history background and TB screening.
Employee Type: Not specified